Japan Photography Tour 2018
Join Thomas, Peter and Tokiko for their Japan photography tour 2018, a once in a lifetime experience.
From the national treasures that are the temples of Kyoto and Miyajima, to the ultra modern high rise architecture of Tokyo, this tour blends traditional cultural experiences and sights with the opportunity to capture a variety of exciting scenes and subjects.
In addition to all the amazing destinations and sights, you will also be treated to one of the most stunningly beautiful displays of nature known to man – Japanese Autumn.
9-days of cultural tour & photography tuition.
10 nights accommodation in a combination of western style hotels and Ryoken (traditional Japanese hotels).
All essential transport for 9-days + the ability to use your train pass on local trains during free time.
Entrance into all temples and tourist attractions that are part of the itinerary.
On-location photography tuition at some of the countries most amazing destinations.
Several editing masterclasses with Peter and Thomas on how to get the most out of your photographs.
Who is the Japan Photography Tour 2018 for?
This is a tour for photographers who are excited by the prospect of exploring one of the worlds most culturally rich country’s at a time of year that is renowned for it’s awe-inspiring display of nature.
From the ancient cultural sights of the Kiyomizu-dera to the dazzling city lights of Tokyo’s night-time skyline, you will be shown parts of Japan and ways to capture them on camera that you never thought possible.
Peter’s 30+ years of teaching fine art and photography combined with Thomas and Tokiko’s intimate knowledge of all the locations, means you’ll come away with photographic works of art and a whole new set of skills too.
Most importantly this is a photography and cultural travel experience which gives you the opportunity to learn from seasoned professionals whilst spending time with like-minded, enthusiastic fellow photographers in a country that is famous for it’s hospitality and visually stunning Autumn season.
All activities are optional on this tour and with a selection of extracurricular activities at each location, this is a trip that can be as jam-packed or easy going as you like. We have purposefully put aside sections of each day as ‘free time’, in which you can join us for additional activities or simply explore by yourself.
The workshop is suitable for beginner to intermediate photographers, however it is essential that you have a base-level understanding of photography and photo-editing.
In addition to 10 nights accommodation and 9 days of guided travel the Japan Photography Tour 2018 also includes:
- Pro Tips on Camera Use – From setting up your tripod to using filters, appropriate exposure settings and composition, we will be right there with you to share our experience and knowledge of photographing a variety of subjects.
- Tuition and guidance on several genres of photography – Street-photography, city-scape, architectural, cultural reportage and even a little wildlife. You will receive group and one-on-one tuition with styles of photography that Thomas and Peter are passionate about.
- Cultural Enlightenment – Tokiko will be our cultural guide and translator for the entire trip. She will introduce you to some of her countries oldest and most treasured cultural traditions as well as being there to help you enjoy and get the most out of your time in Japan.
- Access and Transport – With 9 days of transport taken care of, all you have to do is pick up your train tickets on arrival and we’ll do the rest.
- Lightroom Enlightenment – With several image processing sessions we provide you with essential tips and techniques for getting the most out of your images. Specific tuition on each genre of photography will make your portfolio pop with the colours, textures and light of Autumnal Japan.
- Lightroom Masterclass eBook – To give you an even greater advantage in taking your digital photographs to the next level, we include a copy of our ‘Lightroom Masterclass eBook’ This is a comprehensive eBook written by Peter and Thomas with the intention of opening a whole new world of creative potential through learning the art of the digital darkroom.
Price: $5300 NZD
For couples or friends wanting to share double/twin accomodation we offer a discounted option priced at $4700pp
*Instalment options available for both packages
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and more information about what this exciting travel experience has to offer.